Below are the guidelines which we will follow during the Summer Hockey Sessions.
We intend to have at least one Admirals representative (in addition to the coach) at each practice to take temperatures and to help make sure our COVID safety guidelines are being followed. Please let AHC know if you have any questions.
1. Athletes will not come to any practice, game or club event if he/she has any of the following symptoms: a temperature, cough, shortness of breath, diarrhea, vomiting, new loss of taste or smell runny nose or sore throat in the last 48 hours. This symptom self-check must be done by the parent of the player prior to
heading to the rink. If a player has any of these symptoms, please notify Mike Peters at
firstname.lastname@example.org. A decision will be made when the athlete will return to play. See below return to play policy.
2. Athletes will not come to practice, game or club event if a member of the same household is sick and/or displaying symptoms listed above.
3. Each athlete will be required to bring their own water bottle, not touch or use other's water bottles, with their name clearly marked.
4. Athletes and staff will have their temperature taken upon entry to the building.
5. All players will enter the building wearing most of their hockey gear and the remainder of the equipment may be put on inside the facility. It is recommended that players wear skates with skate guards into and from the rinks. Players will have the
option to dress in rinks provided players maintain a 6 ft distance from other people .
6. Athletes will not arrive more than 20 minutes prior to ice time.
7. Athletes will wear a mask upon entering and exiting the building only removing when wearing a helmet. Please bring a brown paper bag with players name clearly marked to store mask while player is on the ice.
8. Parents will pick athletes up on time. Pick up will be made through designated exit at Carol Stream and the door on the American side of the building. No exit will be made through the front doors at Center Ice.
9. Athletes should use the restroom and wash their hand thoroughly before leaving home, prior to hockey.
10. Only 1 athlete at a time in the restroom.
11. All staff will always be required to wear a mask when off the ice.
12. Athletes are encouraged to purchase and wear a full-face shield, although it is not required.
13. Athletes will stay 6 feet apart and follow social distancing protocol inside the rink prior and after ice time.
14. While parents are usually welcome to watch, for the safety of our staff and players we need to limit in-person viewing. We ask currently that parents not enter the building unless necessary. Parents may enter the rink 1 per family and parents must wear masks at all times. Please do not stand, sit or wait in the lobby area of the rink.
15. Athletes will immediately exit the building through the American side door at Center Ice (with masks on) or the designated exit at Carol Stream.
16. Guardians agree to discuss social distancing with your athlete prior to every practice.
COVID RETURN TO PLAY
The following will be the AHC, “COVID Return to Play Policy.” If an AHC athlete exhibits any of the symptoms described in # 1, Rules and Ethics will discuss the situation with the parents of the athlete. Parents should expect to miss from one session to fourteen days (dependent on the longevity and severity of exposure,symptoms, and risk mitigation). This will be determined by input from the athlete’s parents, Rules and Ethics and the AHC Board of Directors and (complete transparency with regards to details is required to determine status). Mitigating factors would be a negative COVID test result or possibly having only one symptom described in #1.
These guidelines are subject to change at any time.
We reserve the right to make changes to Rules and Regulations regarding the Admirals COVID Policy